Thursday, May 14, 2009

Change?

I'm scratching my head reading this story: Obama mulls 'indefinite detention' of terror suspects
President Barack Obama's "administration is weighing plans to detain some terror suspects on US soil -- indefinitely and without trial -- as part of a plan to retool military commission trials that were conducted for prisoners held in Guantanamo Bay," The Wall Street Journal said.
Can somebody tell me how the Obama Administration is different from Bush's?

I not somebody who gets too upset about Gitmo. It's hard to figure out what to do with terrorist guerrillas that you've picked up on the battlefield. It's not like a soldier serving in a national, regular army. However, I don't think people had this in mind when Obama promised to shut down the detention center at Guantanamo. Wasn't it about due process, not merely geography?

No comments:

Post a Comment