Monday, March 23, 2009

The "Red Eye" Scandal

I'm normally thick skinned when it comes to cheap jokes about Canada, but this pissed me off.



I'm not going to get on a soapbox and holler my lungs out. But, stupid little things like this makes me more adamant that Canada fully end our mission in Afghanistan in 2011 as planned.

If they can't figure out their next door neighbour, how the hell can they have the solutions for dealing with Afghans?

Fox News and Limbaugh types really are stupid, and apparently proud of it.

UPDATE: Frum chimes in on his site, calling it very dumb. If you scroll down to the comments, the vast majority are saying "f-you Frum. There's nothing wrong with what they said." Here's a sample, from a one Patty:
I'll refrain from mentioning you were born in Canada. You think Red Eye is dumb. I pity you. You have no sense of humor and are Canadian, so who cares what you think? I knew you were an angry little man when you stabbed President Bush in the back. Go away. Leave us dumb people alone to enjoy our Red Eye.

UPDATE II: From SDA, Canada's #1 conservative site: What's the big deal? Obviously Fox News trumps her own country for her loyalty.

6 comments:

  1. Kate from SDA: "I'll Care About What's Said On "Red Eye" When I care what's said on The Daily Show."

    Is that so?

    May 4, 2004, Kate: "Does Stewart - who has taken to ridiculing military losses in Iraq, while guffawing Chomsky admirers affirm his wit - have the balls to bring someone on his show who both served with and has openly challenged the fitness of John F. Kerry to serve as Commander In Chief?

    I suspect not.

    But, I think this would be a worthy internet challenge to mount. Email the Daily Show here."


    Link:

    http://www.smalldeadanimals.com/archives/000272.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooooooooo, nice catch! What hypocrissy!Don't ridicule US troops, but Canada is fair game.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read the comments on Frum`s website. I am still in a state of shock. There are times when I am embarrassed to be part of the human race, and this is one of them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing how Frum has become the voice of reasons amongst republicans. I'm with him. Those red eye people are morons.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The GOP has become a wasteland of religious zealots. This was once a proud party started by mid-western small business owners. They believed in small government. Now the GOP wants to make America a theocracy. Bob Jones University would love it if America became a theocracy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Finnegan: Yes, there are lots of these people, and it's why they are turning so many people away from the Republicans. Screeching, stupid, angry people.

    And yes, anon, it's a sad site to see.

    ReplyDelete